Powered By Blogger

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Day 17 – Ice age, Heat wave


Artist: Modest Mouse
www.modestmouse.com
Song: Float on
Album: Good news for people who love bad news

 
Thanks ‘Rock Band,’ you introduced me to Modest Mouse. I’m feeling somewhat lazy today, so I’ll say that they’re good. They don’t really stand out in my library of indie rock, but they’re a solid addition to the ‘hipster’ rock that I listen to. I’m not a hipster, but I gotta say, they can make some good music. They’ve been around for quite a while, plodding along, making good music. They really hit the mainstream with their album ‘good news for people who love bad news’ which included the songs ‘float on’ and ‘The world at large’ two of their more popular songs. The membership has fluctuated over the years, but the mainstay has been lead singer Isaac Brock. Float on is one of their more positive songs and it’s just one of those songs that makes you feel good, an excellent quality in any song. Not to mention, the absolutely hilarious music video. You can’t go wrong with M2. Give them a listen, if you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment