Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Day 27 – A Serenade of sound


Artist: Coldplay
Song: Clocks
Album: A rush of blood to the head

Coldplay’s brand of alternative ‘pop’ rock isn’t for everybody. Their songs tend to be somewhat bland, inoffensive, listenable, but not ultimately memorable. That’s not always a bad thing. I’m feeling very lazy, and I really don’t have any strong feelings about Coldplay either way. I like their music. It’s mellow, kinda bluesy and always easy to listen to. I’m not even sure where I first heard them. They just seemed to bleed through the ether. Some of their earlier songs like ‘yellow’, ‘The Scientist’ and ‘Talk’ were excellent. Their newer songs ‘Viva la Vida’, ‘Violet Hill’ and ‘Life in Technicolor’ have continued that tradition.
They’ve been around since the late 90s, have had 4 albums, so there has to be something for everybody. Chris Martin also collaborates with some of my other favourite artists, so that’s a plus. That’s that for Coldplay.


Best Lyrics:
come out upon my seas
Curse missed opportunities
Am I, a part of the cure
Or am I part of the disease


No comments:

Post a Comment